Monday, March 29, 2010

Nobody Likes You, Monday.

So after a glorious weekend of egg-hunting, wagon rides and sunshine, I step hopefully on the scale this morning. Now I admit, I didn't work out (unless pulling 70 pounds of toddler in a wagon for 2 miles or running after 12 toddlers during an egg hunt count), BUT I also didn't binge or eat totally stupidly.

What do I get for my hard work and willpower? What is my payoff for living a healthy and active lifestyle that I can maintain? 2 pounds. AN ADDITION TO MY FAT BUTT OF 2 POUNDS.

Generally this is where I'd add a string of expletives venting my frustration and thoughts about where those two pounds can go. But since we're close to Easter, I'll skip it and say...that sucks.

So upwards and onwards through the discouragement. I'm working out 6 times this week (even though I said that last week...) and I'm going to really lay off the diet soda (water retention) and make friends with water. The bagels, donuts and candy from the egghunt are safely out of the house and I have a healthy, nutritious menu planned for this week. Maybe I'll also have to get a lung or a kidney or something removed this week and therefore still make my goal weight....even though it's 5.3 pounds away.

Some administrative notes:
Birthday shout-outs for the week:  Hubby (3rd) & "Maybe Someday Sister" (1st).

TO "Stop it": I called you a hoarder, not a whore...now your facial expression makes sense.

Also, now that Lent is over, I can drink alcohol. Yet I'm not going to go get plastered just because I CAN...well, not tonight anyway. And for those Catholics in the audience that insist Lent is through Easter, MY LENT is 40 days because that's how long Jesus was tempted in the desert. And I want to be like Jesus. And also because I want to be able to drink on Mat's birthday.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the shout outs on the blog! Wow, I feel special!