Monday, March 1, 2010

Starting a blog

So I said to myself, "Self, you've been trying to lose weight all your life. You have to do something that will motivate, cajole, convince or embarrass yourself into actually LOSING the weight and keeping it off." So, I'm starting a blog about my weight loss in the hopes that I will give this link to enough people whose opinion I care about that it will make me think twice before I....
1. stuff chips and queso in my mouth in between gulps of strawberry margarita
2. tell Mat that "why yes, it IS a good idea for us to sit on this couch and eat Buffalo Wild Wings...again"
3. eat four bowls of Captain Crunch for breakfast
4. choose to sit down and watch my crappy reality TV instead of getting yelled at by the Jillian Micahel's exercise DVD
5. Yell at my husband (again) for either not being supportive of my weight loss OR judging my weight (depending on whether I'm on the wagon that day or not..which is information he will not have)


So, to the reader, I promise to be brutally honest with you and I will try to make this entertaining. I cannot, however, promise that this blog will only be about weight loss. There may be some of the following:
1. Comments and pictures of Carter (a lot of them)
2. Miscellaneous opinions and rants about (but not limited to): crappy Iowa weather, crappy drivers, co-workers/family members/friends (names will be changed to protect you even when I don't feel like it). Also I might talk about parenting, the past and the future. And possibly cats, politics and religion.

But mostly it will be about my weight loss. So thank you for taking this journey with me. Thank you in advance for your support and patience. Especially if you are my husband.

Sisspam

1 comment:

CubeGuy said...

I'd like to think my creulty was part of the motivation for this. See, being an asshole is inspiring!

Good luck.