It's very exciting to get such good feedback about my blog. Where I expecting to hear perhaps "Good God, how do you live with yourself at that weight? I mean, do you worry about sitting in airline seats? Do you get self-concious about ordering dessert at restaurants?", I'm hearing "wow, good job!" and "I have a great recipe for you". So thank you dear readers.
The week started off great. I lost 6 pounds! To emphasize what this means to me, I did a little research into things that weigh six pounds. Unfortunately, I could only find things that weigh one pound. SO here we go:
I lost the equivalent to:
SIX bags of coffee
SIX shoes
SIX average books
SIX packages of frozen vegetables
ONE QUARTER of Carter
SIX scotch tape dispense model C-38 (tape not included)
ONE five pound barbell AND one shoe
So as you can see, six pounds is quite a bit. That's 2.8% of my body weight for those of you who watch Biggest Loser. Now, I am a little concerned this is a lot of water weight, so stay tuned for next week when we see if I gain weight and fly into a depression that includes listening to Michael Buble and eating Hot Tamales. I did exercise, although not as much as I hoped too. Most of this is attributed to the fact I can't figure out how to get our TV to turn to the DVD mode even though Mat showed me once (which doesn't count because he chose to show me in the middle of Real Housewives of OC when I couldn't possibly be expected to pay attention to him).
One of my audience members whom we'll refer to as "Roo" gave me this link: www.cookinglight.com/5ingredients/ which is awesome b/c they are healthy meals one can make in a short amount of time. Which is good for anyone who has, say, a toddler attached to their leg OR possibly someone who turns into Bitchy McBitchison when her blood sugar gets low. So go check it out. My co-workers have promised to make me work out again this week a lot and I'm excited to go to step class. I DID also write a menu for the week (whole-wheat rotini with marinara and shrimp tonight, chicken breast tomorrow)., so I'm excited about that. I have been doing great on my eating.
In other, non-weight news, Carter learned to say uh-oh this weekend. This is important as he can now alert us to his behavior. Dropped your bear? uh-oh. Ran your face into the coffee table? uh-oh. Poop in the pants? that right, uh-oh again. It's good to be communicating with Carter; he has a lot to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment