Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A New Day

Thank you to those who have supported me so far even though my brother is the only person who can figure out how to post a comment (including me....it doesn't work for me either).

I'm feeling pretty good today. And by good I mean the"my ass is burning from dragging it up a steep treadmill incline"  kind of good. So at least I can remind myself that I did indeed work out yesterday.

I've been giving some thought to Carter's food habits. Putting aside his penchant for shoving broccoli into his pants to avoid eating it (at least I hope that is why he's doing it), he's sort of my diet partner. I spend so much time making sure his plate is nutritious, varied, colorful and containing protein/starch/veggie...but yet I don't spend anytime planning what I'm going to eat. Which means most dinners when Mat isn't home consist of:
-the half of the weiner Carter didn't eat
-the quarter banana that Carter didn't eat
-a pudding cup (no sugar double chocolate...awesome)
-another pudding cup later
-then when I'm super hungry, I raid the fridge

So I'm going to start writing menus again for me like I do for Carter. And I'm going to stop eating what's left over on his plate (unless it's vegetables, but apparently those just go in his pants...)

And now, for the big announcement: Today's weight......212

There. I said it. Now you can judge me.

Short term goal: <200 by April 1.
Medium term: 165 by Jennifer's wedding on Sept 18th
Long term: 150

Again, thanks for reading. Someone sent me an email that said "bad decisions make good stories". I can assure you there will be some bad decisions on this journey...we'll see about that stories...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I can totally relate to scarfing in bites of kid food and calling it a meal! You are on your way! Keep it up.

CubeGuy said...

According to most true dieticians (that is to say, non-bullshit fad diets you find in magazines) appropriate weight loss is 3-5 pounds per month, so if you are 212 now, under 200 by April 1st is not a realistic goal.

You will find that a real weight loss strategy starts with realistic goals.