Well, the sunshine is out (finally) and it's Spring Break here in Des Moines. What does that mean to you, fellow readers? Probably nothing. Today is just some odds and ends:
So, I didn't exactly work out this weekend. I really only needed to work out once, but stupid Daylight Savings Time sapped all my energy and forced Carter to stay up an extra hour. I did, however, dance to "The Wiggles" and I also walked down the street TWICE. My lack of motivation may also have had something to do with the SUnday TV situation; I simply cannot resist Tool Academy, Celebrity Apprentice, & Amazing Race. It's like the Trifecta of "Sit On The Couch-ness". But I do paln to work out 6 days this week and I expect you to hold me accountable.
Eureka! Remember how people tell you a lot that exercise gives you endorphins and you have this awesome sense of well-being afterwards and want to cure cancer and save babies? Well, usually, I am too worn out and fat to care about babies and cancer after a workout and always sort of wanted to give a crotch-punch to these endorphin-advocates. BUT FRIDAY I FOUND THEM. They soared through my body, giving me energy and enthusiasm!! I felt like I could run forever (not withstanding the fact I wasn't running in the first place). Yup. It was awesome. Right up until I had to stop early because Mat locked his keys in the car....
So anyway, I'm on a perpetual quest to find these elusive endorphins and recapture the feeling through exercise. Just not today. Because Miss "Can't Work Out Today" wouldn't go with me and I had to skip step because I was working. Which I do now and then.
I have also started keeping a food journal and am limiting myself to 1600 calories per day this week. The food journal is really helping me b/c I don't want to spend too much time logging in two bites of a brownie...it's just not worth it. So really, food logging is a good way to leverage laziness...
Lastly, I want to leave you with Roo's easy:
Grilled chicken w/ corn and avocado salsa
Coat raw chicken breast with mix of lime juice (about 3 Tbs maybe), bit of salt and pepper, and about 2 Tbs of chopped cilantro
Throw chicken on grill
While grilling, make salsa:
About 1 C thawed frozen yellow corn kernels
1 avocado diced
lime juice (maybe about 2 Tbs)
salt (just a pinch)
chopped cilantro (maybe 2Tbs)
Really yummy w/ some black beans on the side garnished w/ cilantro
Yumm-o!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, the questions are:
1) Did you get in your 6 workouts today?
2) How did the food journal go?
Did I mention I spent the entire week pretty much on my behind thanks to my gimp foot!
Much love,
Heather
First, I think you need to give me proper credit for the term crotch-punch and for being the originater of handling all problems by crotch-punch.
Second, be careful limiting you food intake if you're stepping up your exercise level. You won't get as much from your serious workouts if you don't have any fuel in the tank.
Recipe sounds good. I've been making avodcado tacos a lot recently. I don't remember if you like guacamole or not, but it's basically just simple guac in corn tortillas.
1 Avocado, skinned, pitted and crushed.
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon of garlic poweder
1/2 small tomato, diced
1/8th cup onion, diced
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
Just mix them all in a bowl and serve on warm corn tortillas. I usually add hot sauce or taco sauce to mine, or black beans and corn.
Post a Comment