Monday, April 26, 2010

Why Carter is responsible for my weight and why I might beat down some old ladies this week:

It's been awhile since my last post. I figured that I'm doing this out of accountability and motivation--therefore, I shouldn't wait until I have something witty and awesome to say; I should be blogging regularly. I know it's hard for some of you to believe there are chunks of time when I have nothing witty to say, but you're about to learn that it's true.

Today we're going to blame my (holding steady at 199) weight on Carter. There are many great articles on how much sleep affects weight loss (blah blah blah something about cortisol blah) and since Carter isn't letting me HAVE any sleep, clearly I am unable to lose weight. I can assure you that my plateau is NOT a result of the Skittles I may or may not have eaten last Friday. I was unable to find a medical journal article that specifically linked Skittles to weight gain.

My new Fitness Magazine came this weekend and had some really good motivational articles in there this month. One of them was on the importance of keeping up a "diet" for at least 4 weeks because that's how long it takes for your mind to start considering a lifestyle habit. So they have week by week suggestions on how not to lose your focus. In week 3, we are to be as competitive as possible. As in: try to beat strangers to the door at the mall, see if you can walk faster or climb more stairs than the person next to you, etc. So I envision myself in competition mode, jumping over strollers, pushing old ladies out of the way and possible laughing at strangers and cheering as I shoot past them. That particular piece of advice could do some real damage if put in the wrong hands.

I did buy 400 pounds of dirt this weekend and am hoping to get in some serious planting tonight and tomorrow. I'm really excited about trying to get a head start on my physical goal (5 pounds by May 18th) BEFORE Mat's parents get up here for graduation. For those of you who don't know my in-laws, they are French. French= gourmet cooking and wine. Lots and lots of both. Plus we're going to eat for Mat's graduation party. Then we're following up those indulgences with a little "going to Milwaukee to tour some breweries with "Maybe Almost Sister". Mat has decided he'll babysit that night so me and "MAS" can go out alone, which means I'm going to get drunk. SO I'm planning ahead to the alcohol and sumptousness and just finished my Kashi bar and yogurt for lunch.

Also I went jeans shopping and for the first time, did not want to kill myself with a dull spoon afterwards. I dropped a size!!!!

The only upside to Carter's crib tantrums is that I'm so sleepy, I go to bed at like 8. Which means I can't stay up all night eating. So there's that. Hope everyone is having a good week.

No comments: