I'd like to start with a photo. I am so pleased that my double chin will be featured on my company's intranet site this week.
I had a terrible weekend weight-wise. I mean "Hurricane Katrina, fingers covered in Burger King grease, sat on my fat butt with Doritos and spent my spare time napping" kind of weekend. This is not a small slip-up. This is major sabotage. SO I came in jazzed up to get some motivation from the winner of the "At Home" contest from Season 8's Biggest Loser (Rebecca Meyer). It didn't work because she sucks as a public speaker. However, someone I really admire said to me recently "you have to start over everyday with exercise". While that's kind of depressing and mentally exhausting, she was right. So I am, grudgingly, back on the wagon. My new goal is 195 by May 18th. That is my health screening day and a perfectly do-able goal. It's not even a stretch goal. I want SO badly just to actually achieve a goal.
And I really need to hold myself accountable to my menus. I've been feeding Carter pretty well when he's willing to eat his damn peas (I only found 3 in his diaper last night, so I have to assume those are accidental peas-in-the-pants), but there have been far too many nights I've binged on whatever I can find. Mostly b/c I'm too tired to cook once I get munchkin down and the house semi-clean. But too bad, self! We're cooking from now on!
I mean, seriously, this is ridiculous. I hate not looking forward to blogging. I hate standing before all of you and having to admit that the scale isn't going the right way. I hate hate hate not being able to fulfill my promises to you or to myself. I know you would all like to see some progress, so I am going to try my BEST to give it to you. In some sort of disciplined fashion. Starting now. Because there is nothing worse than following someone's blog who isn't inspiring you and just gives Debbie Downer reports. Well, except maybe poop in the tub. That's pretty bad too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Becca gave me your site to follow. I too am battling the bulge and am so glad to be following your journey. I went public this morning about losing weight on my blog. www.fryartown.blogspot.com! Keep it up and for the first time in a year I am off to the gym!
Suzy I had the same issues with preparing food after work and just not wanting to do it because I was tired. What helped me a lot there was to make large meals that produce leftovers. So now if I'm going to, say, grill some BBQ chicken, I make enough to take to lunch the next day and have dinner the next night...and if I don't end up eating it for dinner it's lunch the day after, or whatever.
As a former Weight Watchers fanatic for years, the big mantra that I really liked to follow was that a slip up is only a slip up in that minute. You have the next minute/meal/day to return to your healthy habits. One mistake doesn't mean everything is ruined, it just means that the one meal or (in your case) weekend was bad. You have 30+ years of bad habits to overcome, it's not going to change in a matter of a few months. You're doing great. It might have been a week late but you did reach that goal. The other big thing that helped me in Weight Watchers was that you cannot deny yourself anything because eventually you will cave and go crazy. Find healthy ways to eat what you crave (like a home-made turkey burger on a lower fat bun instead of BK) and let yourself be lazy for one night just to get the craving out of your system. It helps. :)
This photo looks great! It depicts your fun side - the two other women on the photo are clearly entertained by something you said. And knowing you, it must have been something HILARIOUS.
Post a Comment