Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Discouragment

So I didn't work out this weekend much, but that's OK; I'm willing to let life get in the way sometimes. Monday morning, I diligently worked out my gym schedule for all week including two BodyPump classes and 4 days of cardio. I was optimistic, energetic and excited to see what this week would get me down to. So I go to Body Pump last night, do the squat routine and sometime pops IN MY HEAD. Now for those of you who have never blown out a nerve/artery/whatever it's very disconcerting for THINGS TO GO POP IN YOUR HEAD. I had to leave the class. I was on the front row. There are SIX TRIPS to put away your stuff. F-ing humiliating. And very very discouraging b/c I really dig that class and was already there. And also? Had the world's biggest headache and was scared I was going to stroke out at any moment.

So I talk to my doctor (also known as my father in law) and he has enough sense of urgency to order an MRI b/c even I know popping IN YOUR HEAD is not generally good. Maybe not a big deal, possibly a very huge deal. Huge like the bill I'm going to get for this procedure. So yes, I'm a little worried, but mostly I'm discouraged b/c meanwhile I'm hauling around a 10 year old of extra weight and I feel helpless to do anything about it. Except not eat the three boxes of girl scout cookies I bought from Melmo's daughter. I told Husband to take them to work. Au revoir cookies.

Speaking of Husband, he cooked this terrific meal last night (while also putting C to bed as I laid on the couch in a pity party). Except it was ginger-habanero chicken. Emphasis on the HABANERO. You know what makes you only eat half your dinner? Setting your mouth on fire. That's a great diet tip as long as you don't mind pooping fire too.

So anyway, I'm at 213.0. I wanted to be at 210 by the end of the week, but if I'm not, I'll settle for not having a brain tumor. Or a stroke.

Thank you all for reading. I have 7 followers. Hooray!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Glad you are ok and it wasn't something serious!!

Also glad you are writing again! Wahoo!

#8

beartifix said...

Hooray! I am at 213 lbs also! Freaky. But not surprising.

beartifix said...

Oh, and by the way, I had an MRI last year because I had this constant vertigo and odd headache for a month. Turned out my brain was just fine. They never really found out what it was. Migraine could be a suspect. Do you ever get them?

Melissa said...

Where are you? I need you to motivate me!!