So I've been eager to tell all of you about a program I'm doing, but wanted to kind of wait and see what the results would be. So far, not good, but I just can't imagine not losing some significant weight on this. Unfortuantely, the program is only in Texas, but those readers in Iowa & Maryland may read along for kicks b/c chances are you have something similar in your area (well, in Maryland. Iowa gets everything like 3 years late).
So it's called My Fit Foods. The website is myfitfoods.com. Basically, if Nutrisystem & MediFast had a baby, it would look like this. The concept is "food as fuel" and the actual business is just a drop in (or delivery) purchase of fresh, healthy meals. Meals are good on glycemic index, fresh, no preservatives, no extra sodium, diabetic friendly, etc. However, they have a 21-day challenge -- here's the highlights:
1. eat 5 times a day. Only their food. Caloric intake bounces between 1050-1500/day (for me).
2. No caffeine
3. No alcohol
4. Liver cleanse every morning: it's asshole in a can. I mean it REALLY sucks, but you can chase it with water
5. one cheat meal a week, but has to be same portion size as all other meals
6. Supplements: cinnamon and milk thistle (again, cleaning out liver so it can metabolize fat).
So needless to say, it takes a lot of preparation to pick up, pack, eat, etc these meals and I think about it a lot of the day. However, that makes me really want to see results quickly. Not only am I not seeing results quickly, I'm not SEEING RESULTS AT ALL. This is day 9 and I have GAINED .2 lbs. This is in addition to me working out 5 times in 9 days (nearly all cardio so don't even try the "I'm sure it's just muscle" shit).
I will complete this diet b/c I love boundaries, but I am one cranky bear about this. I do suspect it's water weight, but that does not change the fact it's UTTER AND COMPLETE BULLSHIT.
Ok. I'm done. Discuss amongst yourselves. I'll have something more witty to write later. SV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment